10 Tips to Look HOT to your Valentine,
regardless if you’ve been married
to her for 4 decades
You can be “mere mortal” and still WOW her this Valentines Day by following my few simple style tips:
- Ensure your clothing fits: No tummy-shirt buttons pulling, but mostly avoid sloppy, baggy clothing. If you wear “dad” jeans and cargo’s normally, surprise her with a pair of premium dark denim in a slim fit. Purchase a shirt that resembles your own shape – not to big, not to small… just right.
2. Wear a color with emotional energy: If your closet has three colors; white tan and blue (normal) buy a shirt in a COLOR. Teal, red, pink, green, purple. Something vibrant and memorable.
3. Wear a shirt, sweater or knit that matches your eyes: It’s very alluring to connect your eye color to your clothing. Here are a few choices available right now from Nordstrom.
4. Wear a third piece: show you have style and confidence by adding a vest, sweater or casual sport coat. These items really take your outfit up several notches and when you feel confident you act confident and that is sexy!
5. Wear great pants: Dark denim or trousers, but pants that fit a little snugly. You know…?
6. Dress up more than she expects: If she expects a hoodie and jeans, wear a button up and premium denim. If she is used to you wearing a sport coat and khakis to dinner, put on your best. Give her a moment of surprised delight.
7. Wear great shoes: Suede lace-up oxfords, or cool loafers, or leather “social” sneakers. NO athletic sneakers.
8. Wear a watch: Your best watch. Keep your phone in your pocket no matter what. You are glued to her eyes…
9. Smell wonderful: If she has never helped you pick a scent, try the sales clerk at the mens scent counter (prior blog on how to do this)
10. Literally buy anything new. Anything. Especially if she knows you are not a shopper, she will be amazed and delighted that you went to the trouble to look nice for her.
Want some help? This my friends is exactly what I do. Let’s talk – call scheduling app below:
Ann Lindsay is Suited for Love and Style of Success
I work to make you look effortlessly confident.
Image Consulting — Personal Styling
Concierge Shopping — J.Hilburn Menswear Stylist
I bring confidence, organization and efficiency to your life.